kiro air – monitor the CO2 concentration with B+B
We all ventilate our living and working spaces every day. In the warmer seasons with pleasure and a lot, in the cold seasons even less with pleasure and often. But this is exactly a risk for all of us in the coming winter months. A regular change of air is particularly important where there are many people and the risk of infections is higher than elsewhere due to the number of people in a closed room. The new kiro air from B+B Thermo-Technik supports this process and helps to improve the air quality and to reduce the risk of infections (e.g. COVID-19, influenza, etc.).
We usually only ventilate during the cold season when we get the feeling that the air has been used up. Since humans can only assess the quality of the air very inaccurately, this time for ventilation is far too late. Infections are transmitted via small droplets in the air, which means that the concentration of these droplets in the room air steadily increases. That is why ventilation is the most important protection, especially in the winter months. “With the current virological knowledge, the IRK recommends ensuring the highest possible supply of fresh air indoors.” (Source: Federal Environment Agency – 13.08.2020) The DGUV also says that “regular air exchange helps to reduce the viral load.” (Source: DGUV – German Statutory Accident Insurance – 25.09.2020)
The compact measuring device kiro air was developed in order to monitor the quality of the room air in the simplest possible way and to be able to initiate necessary measures quickly. The kiro air measures the CO2 concentration of the room air, the temperature and the humidity and shows the current values on a white paper display. The kiro air also has a LED, which uses a traffic light system to make it clear at first glance how good the air quality is. If this light turns red, action should be taken as soon as possible. At the same time, the red traffic light status is communicated via an acoustic signal.
- Measured variables: CO2 concentration (VOC measurement method, display of CO2 equivalent), temperature, humidity
- Display: paper-white display for the above measured variables, additional large LED traffic light for CO2 concentration (up to 800 ppm green, 800 to 1000 ppm yellow, over 1000 ppm red)
- After plugging in the operating voltage supply, the sensors require a warm-up time of 30 seconds. During this time the LED flashes red, only then are the measured values stable.
- Signal: A signal sounds above 1000 ppm and acoustically reminds you to ventilate the room
- Power supply: with standard smartphone charging cable via micro USB connection, charging cable included and available as an accessory from B + B
Are you interested? Contact us!