Growing quality standards and increasingly strict guidelines lead to ever higher requirements, rules and specifications in production, manufacturing and storage processes. Everywhere more and more processes are monitored, checked and documented by measuring technology. The various quality management systems invariably require that all measuring and testing devices used are verifiably checked regularly for their reliability and measuring accuracy.
The B + B calibration laboratory is accredited by the German Accreditation Service (DAkkS) according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2018 for the thermodynamic parameters temperature and relative humidity.
During a calibration, the deviation of a measured value from the true, correct value of the measured variable is specified. The result of the calibration is documented in a calibration certificate.
Every measuring device ages and drifts due to environmental influences or its use. Regular calibrations show the behavior of the measuring device and increase the safety in its use.
We offer users who work with tolerance specifications for their measuring and testing equipment, the possibility of adjusting our own products, which is primarily the case with hygrometers and pressure transmitters.
An adjustment is always carried out after consultation with the customer, an input calibration certificate and an output calibration certificate are mandatory for a accredited calibration, for an ISO calibration according to the specifications of the customer’s quality management system.
As a rule, adjustment is recommended if the measurement deviation of the device is outside of its specification or typical comparable measuring devices.
- Competent staff proven by our accreditation
- High flexibility, practical orientation and customer proximity
- Multiple availability of reference standards ensure uninterrupted work
- Safety in the feedback for the measured variable temperature by equipping it with the water triple point and the gallium melting point
- Adjustment of measuring devices from our own production
- Use of technical devices from well-known manufacturers
The DAkkS accreditation ensures that all of our calibrations carried out in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2018 can be traced back to national and international standards. This means that both the reference standards are calibrated in a traceable manner and that validated procedures are used. Thanks to an agreement with the ILAC, DAkkS calibration certificates are internationally recognized and legally binding. In addition to the DAkkS accreditation symbol, our calibration certificates also bear the ILAC mark.
Traceability is the seamless connection via a calibration hierarchy to national or international standards. The mandatory specification of a measurement uncertainty ensures reliable measurements by the user.
Many standards require accredited calibrations as proof of certification, and internal company quality requirements can also require the use of a DAkKS calibration certificate.
- National and international recognition of the calibration certificates
- Reliable information on the stability of the measuring equipment through regular repeat calibrations
- Consistent quality and reliability of your measurements in the process
- Audit security
- Production of the metrological feedback with indication of a measurement uncertainty, determined according to an internationally recognized method
A works calibration certificate documents the calibration position of the calibration item, the uncertainty of the standards used is specified in the calibration certificate. The standards used for this are subject to regular test equipment monitoring as part of our DAkkS accreditation and are usually the same as those for the DAkkS calibrations.
Whether an ISO calibration certificate is sufficient depends on the requirements of the quality management system used. The DIN EN ISO 9000ff series of standards requires that process measuring equipment be calibrated against traced reference standards. In this case, they are a cheap alternative to DAkkS calibration certificates.
An accredited DAkkS calibration is much more complex than an ISO calibration because the uncertainty of the calibration item is taken into account to a much greater extent.
The determination of the measurement uncertainty is the biggest difference between a works calibration and a calibration according to DIN EN 17025. The latter produces the measurement feedback and is recognized nationally and internationally.
- Cost-effective calibration, sufficient fulfillment of audit requirements according to DIN EN 9000ff.
- Fast turnaround and processing time
- Quality assurance